Monday, April 17, 2006
I Thought...
Well I thought that my homework days were gone....well they're not......Megan has reading to do and it's like pulling teth to get her to sit and read....she's doing really well but is lacking confindence....we cheer and praise her but yet she's hard on herself......I hated reading when I was small and I'm still not fond of it now....I try to read in front of Megan so she see's that I read so hopefully she will get the desire to but it's not yet.......so tonight I made her sit in a chair with nothing going on around her and told her she had to read to me it was practise for school and she cried and cried...I didn't give in (I wanted to) but I didn't......I told her the longer she sat and cried the longer it would be before she could get out of the chair and do other things so her bes bet was to read and get it over with....after a little more sobbing and saying how much she "hated" reading she was ready....and you know she did an awesome job......and then she had a candy apple....there has to be some incentive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WELL!! I posted a comment yesterday but it isn't here! Now I can't remember what I said... too bad.. it was very profound I'm sure... lol
Post a Comment