Thursday, January 31, 2013

Putting My Trust In God

Feeling a little more nervous each day.  I'm a very organized person, who plans EVERYTHING.  I will be going with a list of questions to the pre-op appointment.  I've already printed the maps of the floors for surgery, inpatient transplant floor, waiting area etc for our support people Yvonne & Megan.  The fear is always the unknown for me, and nobody can really prepare you for that since we are all unique individuals.  One may suffer a lot of pain, others very little. Some will need the pain meds, some need very little.  It's funny I'm the one who is normally in control of everything, and that day it will be me being out of the driver’s seat and it will be in the hands of the Surgeons, Dr's and nurses and of course the man who has arranged this all to work out to this point, God.  I won't be able to be in the room when my husband comes around and care for him either (although I know that my husband will be in the VERY GOOD Hands of the Dr's, nurses and the entire transplant team).  I know that I need to get better first in order to be there for the love of my life, and this is why I will sit back and let my maker work it out for me. I will put my trust in God!

No comments: