Monday, January 14, 2013

A Way To Start The Week With Hope

Spoke to the Assesment team today and they still stated my date with the Donor Dr is tentative, as the surgeon needs to review mt CT Scan.  I was told everything looks normal (and I'm sure they've seen enough of these tests to know), but to go with the formality of it, it must be seen by the surgeon.

I have been told that my Chest X-Ray is good, the GFR has the left kidney at 52% and the right kidney at 48%, and that the CT Scan shows 2 arteries running to the left kidney, and 1 artery running to the right.

What is the importance of that you may ask?  They will take the kidney I use less of, which would be my right, however if there were 2 arteries running to that kidney they could not take it since it poses a risk to me, the donor.  The good news to hear is that only 1 artery is running to the less used kidney, so this is a plus!

Keeping you posted on the findings!

Psalms 71:14 - But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more

No comments: