You know somedays I feel really ripped off.....what do I mean? Well when people talk about their Mom's and what they do for them, that sort of thing makes me feel ripped off.....I lost my Mom and I'd wish for anything just to her have her back again, but that's not how it happens. You know I just try to fill my life with doing things with my husband and daughter since I have learnt that life is too short to sit around and waste it, so this means going out for meals every weekend, going to movies, walks (when it's warmer out), and going on vacations. These things make me happy and people seem to forget that I would trade all of these things just to have my Mom back.
When our mothers die, this is what we lose. We lose the person who celebrates our accomplishments and worries in the struggles we have; the person who thinks we can win every race, and succeed at anything thrown at us; the person who protects our every move (emotionally and physically), she's given us guidance and that she knows best. She is the person who puts you up high and makes people see that. All in all I feel like I've lost my biggest fan the person whom I could always turn to in times of struggle; although it was 3 1/2 years ago the pain of my loss it still there everyday, and I'm sure that I will feel it the rest of my life.
There's nothing like a mother's love and support and I miss that!
4 comments:
Here Here!
by the way, that was me who said that.
Well stated m'love! As your friend, I am happy that you are able to find comfort and happiness in doing things that you love with Megan and Ken. You deserve that much. Hugs, Jenn
Your absouletly correct in what you have said. Take pleasure in doing things with your family as I am sure that your Mom and Dad are looking down taking great pleasure in seeing that!
Post a Comment