Monday, November 06, 2006

3 Years......

...today was a hard day for me......I lost my Dad 3 years ago today, it's been a rough 3 years without him.....it was hard to loose my Dad at the time of year I did since his favorite season/holiday was just appoaching.......in fact my Dad instilled the spirit and love of Christmas in me so I'm left to carry on his traditions and spirit for my family........so now we're approaching his favorite time of the year "Christmas" I've started listening to Christmas music already which always gets me to thinking about my Dad and the fun we had at Christmas, but not just at Christmas but all through the year.....I think instead of feeling sad and down on this day each year I should rejoice in what he gave me "life" "spirit" and "love"......these things are a gift from him and my Mom.....I am who I am because of them......this day each year I will work towards remembering the "Good Times" in which we had together, and not the loss of my Dad....although I do miss him so much and I know he knows that!

3 comments:

Daniela & Kevin said...

What a great attitude, as I know your parents are looking down on you and your family and watching over you every single day!

Anonymous said...

Your parents would be honored to hear you speak about them with such love and admiration. I know how much you miss them and I wish there was something I could say or do to help ease the pain. However, having lost both my parents too, I know that nothing really helps. Just remember that they are here in spirit and by you carrying on their traditions, you are keeping them alive in your heart.
Love ya--------Yvonne:-)

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Hang on to your memories!