Thursday, August 10, 2006

10 Years Ago....


10 years ago I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for and love. The 10 years have brought a lot of highs and some lows and through it all we've been there for one another. When we first got together some people thought that this relationship would never last.

Wow 10 years.....time flies when your having fun.....I was sitting here thinking about how much can happen in 10 years ......we bought our 1st house, had a baby, opened a business, my Mom passed away, my Dad passed away, we bought our 2nd home (and hopefully final), and oh so much more......you know what I realize is that this marriage that we have is more then I could've hoped for, through the different strains of life that was thrown at us it made us a stronger couple. I married a man who is supportive, unselfish and down right loving.

Don't be fooled here. It has not been all roses and candlelight dinners. More like sleepless nights and craizness intermingled with stress. However, most of the time (not all, but most) I knew that my husband, my partner, my best-friend, was there with me. We were in this together. I would tolerate his silence and he would put up with my emotional outbursts. I would embrace his stability and common sense and he would encourage my entrepreneurial spirit.

For the next 10 years, and the 10 years after that, I am going to be conscious of our relationship. I am going to invest in the one person who I know, will be with me forever, my soul mate.

4 comments:

Daniela & Kevin said...

Congratulations on 10 years of wedded happiness. What beautiful words! We remember your wedding day very well. I remember standing beside you that day as your maid of honour. Kevin and I knowing your marriage would last forever! May the best years still be yet to come!
Love your friends,
Daniela & Kevin

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Happy Anniversary!

Pat said...

Happy Anniversary Pauline & Ken.. may you enjoy many MANY more years together..

love you bunches

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »