Monday, December 24, 2012

BT Christmas Eve Show & Organ Donation

What an awesome time with my friend Daniela!!! We spent last night downtown in a hotel, went out for dinner, was super excited and couldn't sleep because we were appearing on the BT Christmas Eve.....Let me say it was so fun.  Watching how everything on the set happens.  It really is jaw dropping on how small a set is and what happens behind the scenes.  Meeting the hosts of the show, the producers, & everything in general.  It was a huge giveaway show, so tons of prizes were givne to each one that was selected with their entry, and their guest got the exact same thing. 

First thing in the morning Kevin Frankish started talking on air about a letter he received from a person names Yvonne....in fact it was my friend Yvonne.  He started talking about kidney donation and what I was planning to do.  He hadn't read far enough into that letter to find otu who I was giving it to and said it was my brother....they made me stand up at that point and I shook my head back and forth to say no that's not right.  After that he spoke with Frank Feriginie about organ donation and how it is important at this time of year to let your family know your wishes.  Later on in the show Kevin brought my donation up again and he spoke to me, you can see it here http://video.citytv.com/video/detail/2054548034001.000000/bt-christmas-eve-giveaway-show--2of3/

Although I won a lot of prizes I have to say that the biggest prize of all was having organ donation publicly spoke about.  We need to get awareness out there. 

We all have 2 kidney's and we only need 1 to live a healthy long life.....I believe there are things sent to test our faiths, beliefs, etc.....2 kidney's + people needing a new kidney (since they have kidney disease) giving a kidney =  humanity!  Remember to register at www.beadonor.ca

No comments: