Friday, January 20, 2006
Hope It's A One Off
This morning was crazy....Ken gets Megan up in the morning & gets her breakfast, I then get her lunch, get her dressed & prepare her backpack...coats on & off we go....Well this morning Megan wanted to colour pictures for the teacher at 6:50 am...we didn't have time she had a fit, which set me in a miserable mood....then she had to get her show'n'share, her toys are everywhere & the thing she wanted she couldn't find all the pieces so she had a fit....I then went & looked for a doll for her to take as she said the teacher would be upset if she didn't bring something....I was upstairs & said that we were going to be late & she said it was my fault.....I think wow this is how she is at 5 what am I in for when she's 15? I usually would put her in a time out (which works wonders) but when you are needing to get out the door to catch the bus & get to work time outs don't work so well....she's got a cold & has had it all week so this could be making her cranky but she needs to know not to deal with things this way. These's fits that she's having are only recent for things that don't go her way, any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
After watching a recent eposide of Jerry Springer, the "expert" that he had on the show says that bootcamp works better then timeouts! Just a suggestion! lol
However, we think that you might as well give in and let her have her own way as you know eventually that is what is going to happen. You would have saved yourself tonnes of grief! hahahahahaha
perhaps you need to get her organized the night before... if she has show n' tell the next day get it set out before bedtime.. also clothes she is going to wear, lunch made etc. Waiting until the last minute doesn't usually work, so tell her that next time she will have to go without. That's her warning but you have to stick with it.. don't give in or you will be doing that the rest of your life... not good for her or you.
Thanks Pat I will try!
Post a Comment