Monday, October 31, 2005
Was that a bead.....or a bean?
Well today was an off the wall kind of day. I was out on my lunch hour when it all happened. I had 10 mins left of my lunch time & was headed back to work, when Megan's school called my cell phone.....my heart stop for minute....I hadn't received a call from school before.....as I answer I feel panic.....the lady on the other end said Mrs Young you're going to need to pick Megan up, she is okay but she has a bead/bean stuck in her "EAR". Oh my goodness was all I could mutter, I will be right there. So off I went to the school.....I picked her up, she was in fine spirits. I told her sticking things in your ear could make you deaf and explained that you couldn't hear laughing or dogs barking and it didn't seem to faze her. So I put it into her terms....I said it would be like watching TV with the sound off & she said to me at least I could see it....I didn't know what to say but, "okay then one night you will watch a show without the sound so you will understand what not hearing means" she said "okaY"......after that we met up with Ken. We went to the walk-in & they said they probably couldn't help her and that we needed to go to the hospital.....Ken went with Megan and I went back to work. She was in good hands.....we kept texting back & forth. At 4:50 pm I left work and went to the hospital and she hadn't been seen yet. I sat with them for a bit and explained to Megan that she's going to miss out on Halloween this year....she was devestated....she kept saying & crying I shouldn't have put that bean in my ear now I'm gonna miss out on treats and seeing everyones costumes.....the lady across from us had tears rolling down her face, she felt so bad for her......The nurse weighed her and Megan told her with a sad voice I'm missing Halloween, the nurse asked us if she was missing Halloween and we said yes since we are in here.....Ken then left as I (Mom) came on duty! Not 1 min after Ken left the Dr saw her....he said it is really jammed in there I don't know how we're going to get it out......he asked Megan why she had done this and she just said, "I felt like it!"....well he got tweezers which he didn't think would work but it did and out came a........half of a split pea! Can you believe it? I kept it for the story for years to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment